To say we are in unprecedented times is definitely an understatement. The world has been flipped upside down recently and we know it can be hard to stay inspired with wedding planning at this time. Because of this Katie from Rose Gold Events and I teamed up to make a list of items you can continue to work on towards your wedding planning!
There is no reason to ignore the elephant in the room, whether you’re crossing all fingers and toes that your wedding will happen as planned this year or planning for a date next year, either way the show must go on and you want to be ready to celebrate as soon as we can. I will tell you, your vendors and guests will be MORE than ready to party and celebrate right with you!
So without further ado, check out the below list of items and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I’m more than happy to consult with any couples, whether you’re an RKE client or not, who are confused during these times to offer advice!
- Pick out your music [processional (1-2 songs depending on the size of your bridal party), bridal entrance song, and recessional]
- Decide on readings + readers
- Decide on any rituals [unity candle, wine box ceremony, tree planting, tying the knot ceremony, etc!]
- Finalize your order for the processional + recessional [how they will walk down the aisle, where they will stand, and how they will walkout]
- Finalize your ceremony script if needed as well
- Order any items needed, if applicable
- As mentioned above, pick out ceremony songs
- Decide other specialty songs [first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, introduction songs, cake cutting, bouquet toss, last song of the night, etc.]
- Make a DO NOT + a MUST PLAY list for your DJ or band
- Confirm with your band that they can play all songs picked. If not, see if they are able to learn them for your wedding date
- If doing introductions, decide on the order and spell out names phonetically for your emcee
- Make a list of must-have photos for your photographer
- Decide on your family photo list
- Gather items and place in a box for detail photos [save the date, invitation suite, rings, jewelry, any items that are special to your relationship]
- Pull any inspiration photos you want to send your photographer
- If you haven’t done a cake/dessert tasting yet, contact your desired bakery to see if they are offering curbside pick up tasting boxes
- If you haven’t done a tasting with your caterer yet, see if they are doing any type of tasting boxes or just contact them for their current protocol
- If you need to pick out rentals, contact your caterer or rental company to see if they can provide you with photos and a linens color PDF to be able to handle via email
- Check-in with your florist to see if you need to update any items on the contract
- Check-in with your planner to start finalizing your weekend timeline
- Check-in with your venue/caterer/planner to start finalizing your layouts
Beauty + Attire
- If you haven’t already had your trial, pull inspiration photos for hair + makeup
- Check-in with your VIPs to make sure they want hair + makeup done
- Purchase any hair accessories needed
- Make sure all groomsmen have entered in their measurements if using companies such as The Black Tux, etc
- Pick out your bridesmaid dresses or make sure your bridesmaids have ordered their dresses
- Email your bridesmaids about the color shoes and nail color you would prefer for them to wear
- Contact your dress boutique to see how they are handling alterations
Items To Purchase
- Wedding Party/Family thank you gifts
- Wedding bands
- Hair accessories [as mentioned above]
- Bathroom basket items
- Table Numbers [don’t forget holders too if needed!]
- Guest Book [don’t forget pretty pens!]
- Card Box
- Decide on escort cards/seating chart and have a plan to purchase closer to date
With this extra time at home, you now have the time needed to do some of those DIY projects you wanted to do!
- Create your own welcome sign – See my DIY tutorial here!
- Create your own signage – gift & cards sign, guest book sign, etc.
- Create your table numbers, if desired
- The sky’s the limit with DIY projects!